Improve weather & sound proofing in your South East London property with secondary window glazing
We offer a secondary window glazing service in South East London that can be a cost efficient and affordable solution to every day problems such as lack of heat or noisey roads.
What is Secondary window glazing & Where Is It Used?
Secondary window glazing involves adding an extra slim-line window in addition to your existing windows. It is designed to keep the heat in and the noise out. You could also save around 10% on household bills by fitting our secondary window glazing in South East London. It is particularly suitable for use in listed buildings and conservation areas. Secondary window glazing is perfect for both residential and social housing on main roads – even where double glazed windows are already fitted.
Benefits of secondary window glazing
- Improved thermal insulation
- Save money on heating bills
- Highly effective for noise reduction/insulation
- Provide added security
- Retain the exterior character of the building
Features of secondary window glazing
- Colours available: White, silver, brown or any RAL colour
- Float, obscure, toughened, laminated, ‘K’ and acoustic glass options
- Made to measure
- Face fix (odd leg or subframe) or reveal fix (extended subframe) options
- Ease of installation
- Comes complete with trims to cover fixing screws
- Can incorporate flyscreens, for use in the summer months
Noise from traffic, aircraft and the general noise from inner city areas and main roads can be a real disruption to the quality of your living or working environment. Fitting secondary glazing is a cost effective way to significantly reduce external noise. 4mm glass is very effective at providing noise insulation, but by specifying high speculation glass (6mm+) such as laminated glass or acoustic glass you can further improve on the amount of noise reduction.
Thermal Insulation & Draught Reduction
Our secondary glazing can reduce heat loss in your windows by up to 50%. You can specify ordinary float or toughened glass or for even better thermal performance you can specify Pilkington ‘K’ low e glass. By adding the extra pane of glass in addition to your existing windows heat loss is dramatically reduced.
Styles of Secondary window glazing
We offer an extensive secondary glazing range to cater to all your needs. That is designed to suit almost any building, historic or contemporary and to be as sympathetic as possible to the character of the building.
Vertical Sliding secondary window glazing
- Ideal for traditional sash windows
- Optional spring balances available to support sliding sash in any position
- Three different frame options
- Optional tilt back facility
Horizontal Sliding secondary window glazing
- Ideal for casement and ribbon windows
- Smooth sliding action using nylon pads or roller wheels
- Three different frame options
- Three track option for maximum ventilation
Hinged Units for secondary window glazing
- Suitable for both windows and doors
- Butt hinged or friction hinged
- Two different frame options
- Perfect for fire escapes and for maximum ventilation
Lift Out and Fixed Units for secondary window glazing
- Suitable for applications where access to the existing windows isn’t paramount
- Perfect for specialist applications (i.e bays)
- Fixed system is especially cost effective
- Can easily be curved
Enquire About Secondary window glazing in South East London Today
If you are having problems keeping your property warm or sound proof enquire now on 0800 756 6389 or arrange a Secondary window glazing survey in South East London for some professional advice and an honest assessment.